This system consisting of 6 PCBs makes up a remote monitoring system consisting of
- a hydrophone with remotely adjustable gain and filtering,
- a single chip CMOS monochrome camera with infra-red illumination which can send image
snapshots, remotely triggered,
- bi-directional 5km fibre-optics for control and data transmission,
- remotely activated magnetometer,
- remote control of motor for manipulation.
The whole unit is controlled by a low power FPGA and powered by a single lithium
In addition, electronics for the opposite end of the fibre optics cable was designed
for de-serialising the received data.